OWNERS REPRESENTATIVE – PROJECT MANAGER
Come join one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers located in the Okanagan!
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, a flexible vacation plan, a comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, a general education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
We are seeking an Owner’s Representative/Project Manager to oversee the construction process and general contractor on high-rise projects in Kelowna, BC. Reporting to the Project Director, the ideal candidate will have a variety of experience and share our commitment to safety, quality, teamwork, and customer satisfaction. Experience as an owner’s representative and architectural experience is considered an asset.
What you’ll do:
- Manage large-scale mixed-use projects
- Control budget, schedule, and resource allocation
- Create and support strong team morale, professional development, and work ethic
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict
- Act in a manner that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding project expectations
- Handle potential problems, work interferences, and schedule conflicts/setbacks
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes
- Create lasting and effective professional relationships with contractors, consultants, and stakeholders
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and staff
- Negotiate subcontracts and major purchases
- Oversee quality assurance and risk management
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Resolve design and construction challenges
- Monitor and report progress to stakeholders
- Manage any environmental or local community issues that arise during a project
- Work closely with all other Mission Group departments to deliver a successful project
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in high-rise construction
- Post secondary education in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related field
- Experience as an owner’s representative would be considered a strong asset
- Experience working for a developer, Architect, or pre-construction with a general contractor
- Proficiency in computer skills and strong working knowledge of MS Project, Bluebeam, ProCore, Timberline and other construction management software
- Experience with BIM is considered an asset
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Highly organized with superb time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities
- References that support your leadership and ability to build relationships
- Certification in Project Management, Construction Management, etc. would be an asset
About Mission Group:
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. It goes without saying our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we are committed to helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Find your new path. See where it takes you.